Tuesday, October 25, 2011

more vanilla bean & green tea buttercream cupcakes!!!

Post from November 27, 2010 (original blog deleted)



the cupcakes from 2 days ago turn'd out so well that i made more today, tweek'n the recipe a little & they came out fabulously fluffy & even more yummy!!!

the ones from Thanksgiving were my first batch of made-from-scratch cupcakes & my first batch made in years (previously made them from cake mixes). I was pretty obsess'd with cupcake books for awhile, but haven't made any until 2 days ago. I found a recipe online & changed it a bit, then - VOILA! YUMMY CUPCAKES by Carrie & her sidekick Tofu.

Still had leftover green tea buttercream, so this time i piped some on top of the warm cupcakes & made a smooth mess (lots of frosting roll'd down the foil...)

For the decoration, I melt'd some white chocolate, sprinkled on some sakura sugar & cut out a sakura shape. The sakura sugar was gift'd to me by my buddy Kaori while I was in Japan during March. It's very pretty & actually has real dried sakura cherry blossom flower flakes & leaf flakes in it. Sakura flavor is actually extract'd from the leaves, so the pink flowers are just for that pretty touch, whereas the leaves carry the flavor. I LOVE SAKURA!!! btw it's call'd さくらのお砂糖 available to buy here (not sure it ships to the US tho...): http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/seescore/038123.html

Kaori also gave me some Sakura-An (bean paste) & I bot some sakura extract & salt'd sakura leaves while in Tokyo. I've been want'n to experiment with them, but it's been 8 monthes & I've been too lazy to use them (hope they're still good)...

Back to the cupcakes =D

Tofu had a few licks, then Mommy took it away...Enjoy!


Vanilla Bean Cupcakes (Recipe #2 - Even Better Cupcakes!)
recipe yields about 10-12 cupcakes
1 stick unsalted butter @ room temperature
3/4 C Sugar In The Raw turbinado sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 C Pillsbury Softasilk Cake Flour
1 t baking powder
0.5 C milk
1 t Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Beat butter for 30 seconds until soft
3. Add sugar, beat for 2-3 minutes until light & fluffy
4. Add eggs one at a time & beat to mix in
5. Sift together flour & baking powder, add to batter, mix well
6. Add milk & vanilla, mix well
7. Using 2 teaspoons, spoon batter into cupcake pans lined with baking cups.
8. Bake 25 minutes (i turn'd up the heat to 400 F for last 2-3 minutes to brown & crunch up the tops).

I took 152 pictures today...LOL! That's the art of procrastination!!! I have to write up my year-end self evaluation, as well as all those year-end performance reviews for my direct reports...I really dislike being a manager!...our work is sooooo insignificant (we click, click, click, print, print, print, stare @ the computer...& pretty much do the same thing everyday), but we're expect'd to embellish the self-evaluations, performance reviews & of course interview'n spiel to make our daily responsibilities sound soooo significant & wonderfully corporate...IT'S A VERY DIFFICULT TASK!!! thus i can't get myself to start writing eventho they're due on Monday morning (gotta finish by tomorrow night & log-in from home...UGH!!!), follow'd by one-to-one meetings to discuss what we've written...I'll most likely copy-&-paste all the jibberish that I wrote in the mid-years...GOOD LUCK to me!!! hehehe...anyways, here are some more photos =D

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Look how fluffy!!! 


Poor Tofu always gets so many flashes in his eyes, but he's too wicked cute & Mommy's too obsess'd with taking pictures with her 2 cameras, that the poor pup just has to half-close his eyes...hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment